The first AICHR (ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights) Video Competition is now open!
Submit your entries on or before 15 August 2017 and get a chance to represent the country during the ASEAN Meetings on November 2017!
The competition is open to ASEAN Youth,
18-25 years of age.
THE COMPETITION AIMS TO:
- Raise public awareness on ASEAN’s efforts to combat Trafficking in Persons in light of ASEAN Convention Against Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children and ASEAN Plan of Action Against Trafficking in Persons, Especially Women and Children;
- Raise awareness that trafficking in persons is an infringement of human rights (ASEAN Human Rights Declaration Art. 13);
- Engage the ASEAN youth to understand about TIP and the regional efforts taken to address it;
- Contribute to the implementation of the action lines of the ASEAN Community Vision 2025, those which are related to human rights, TIP and the role of youths.
The Competition is launched in the second quarter of 2017 and will be completed in the fourth quarter of 2017.
The winners will be announced at the 31st ASEAN Summit in November 2017.
The proposed ASEAN Youth Video Competition winners will consist of three categories: national, regional levels and people’s choice award.
COMPETITION PRIZES AND AWARDS
10 National winners : Cash prize of USD 500/person
1 Regional winner : Cash prize of USD 2,000
1 People’s choice award winner : Cash prize of USD 500
– Short films must have English subtitles.
– In line with the competition theme “ASEAN AGAINST TRAFFICKING: Humans are not for Sale”, the films must be based on social realities and supported by research should it discuss/tackle laws/declarations. It should be in conformity with ASEAN Human Rights Declaration and must not provoke hatred and incitement.
– The total running time of each film, including the opening and closing credits, must be 3-5 minutes.
– Permits of images, music, and video footages used in the film must be acquired by the filmmaker if he/she does not own the copyright of the materials used.
– Films must be made within 12 months prior to the festival.
– Digital copy of the Accomplished Entry Form
– Scanned (digital) copy of Filmmakers ID/Passport
– Entry Film’s complete and final cut must be
submitted in MP4 File Format
– (Proponents must submit HI-Resolution STILL
PHOTOS of the film, BTS, and the Filmmaker/s Photo
in JPEG Format (at least 16×9, 300dpi).
– One (1) film per filmmaker/proponent is allowed.
Downloadable entry form has to contain bio/resume
of the proponent, information about the entry
(synopsis, cast, production team, producer, and date
– Short Film entries should be submitted and received
on or before August 15, 2017. There will be NO deadline
– Email entry forms and screeners to:
SUBJECT: Proponent’s Last Name – AICHRVC Entry
SANTOS – AICHRVC Entry
ORIGINALITY & CREATIVITY
Videos must be original, authentic and had never been submitted for competition or published in media.
All elements in the video must be original. Otherwise, proponents need to seek approval and permits from original author/creator of music, images, and footages used in the video.
Presents its topic in an inventive way and offers something new.
The ability for the video to draw in viewers.
Relevance of the content of the video to the theme of the competition.
QUALITY OF PRODUCTION
Visual Aesthetics – the appearance of the video
Cinematography – quality of the audio, lighting, camera steadiness
Adherence to time limit : Duration of the video must be 3-5 minutes only. Deduction of 1 point per second will be applied in the Quality of production when the video exceeds to 5 minutes. 25%
June 30 – August 15 – Submission of Entries
August 15 – Last day of submission
August 17-18 – Initial Selection
August 19 – Final Judging
August 25 – AICHR Video Competition – Philippine Leg Top 10 Identified
August 31 – AICHR – Announcement of winners for Philippines
This year’s TOP TEN Entries will be shown in FDCP Cinematheques and our partner organization’s mobile and school-based events to advocate against Trafficking in Persons.
Awarding in Metro Manila will be announced soon.